FFPE Tissue for Research
Purchase of FFPE blocks remains a critical tissue sample source for biomedical research and golden standard for histologic analysis of surgically removed tissues.
- Oncology: Breast, Prostate, Liver, Lung, Normal Adjacent Tissue (NAT)
- Rheumatology: Synovium
- Dermatology: skin cancer tissue (basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma), psoriasis lesions
FFPE Tissue Bank
Explore our banked FFPE sample inventory accompanied by extensive selection of subject and sample data to collect even by very specific biospecimen criteria. We can accelerate your research with carefully characterized and high quality FFPE tissue sections, blocks, curls, and slides.
At the same time we ensure that the patient’s safety, well-being and comprehensive diagnosis are protected by complying with all local and international ethical regulations.
We understand the great value of FFPEs for research, but also recognize the elevated variability in their processing techniques, often leading to inconclusive results.
Our FFPE tissue bank are collected under IRB approval and prepared in strict accordance with our established processing protocols.
Nevertheless, our key expertise is prospective collection to adapt to our clients’ specific needs. Any step of tissue sourcing, collection and preparation can be customized to fit your study’s design.
Tumor FFPE Blocks
Unless specifically requested, our collections are composed by standard sized FFPEs of 1x1x0.5cm allowing the generation of at least 200 x 4-5µm cuts. All FFPE tumor tissues have high tumor content and low necrosis. Variations in these parameters could occur based on the nature of the diseases, tissue type and tumor heterogeneity.
Each FFPE tissue block is accompanied by detailed clinical information and pathological data. Quality control (H&E staining) is performed on 100% of FFPE samples by a pathologist.
Laboratory Services for FFPE Tissue Samples
Upon request, Audubon Bioscience can provide additional testing of FFPE specimens which include:
- Extended pathology review with a description of the requested FFPE tissue sample features, DNA and RNA isolation
- Preparation of stained/non-stained histological FFPE slides (regular and adhesive slide format)
- Preparation of serial FFPE tissue section samples
- Preparation of FFPE curls (scrolls)
- Digital pathology images of micro specimens
- Immunohistochemical testing of various levels of complexity
- Molecular-genetic analysis (FISH method)
- Gene mutation analysis by PCR or NGS
- Flow cytometry
Shipping of FFPE Tissues
Our FFPE tissue curls, slides and blocks stored and shipped at room temperature.
We take extra care when organizing our shipments to ensure that your FFPE samples will arrive to you at their best condition.
We are committed to organizing your collections and delivering your samples in the most convenient manner for you and we take into account any specific requirements you might have.
Request a Quote
Contact us to discuss your specific project requirements or to request a quote and order FFPE blocks, sections, curls and scrolls.
- Ethically sourced FFPE tissue samples
- Extensive clinical history and follow up information
- Comprehensive pathology report
- Laboratory service support