Audubon Bioscience Co. ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Audubon Bioscience Co., 2450 Holcombe Blvd, Suite X, Houston, TX 7021, USA is the data controller in respect of your personal data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you want to contact us directly, you can find our contact details in the “Contact” section below.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us based on your consent. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.audubonbio.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, job title, area of interest, company or organization name, address, e-mail address, phone number and additional details you share with us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Third-party tools and services that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site, navigation and user experience, automation of certain processes related to the operation of our site, monitoring, and analyzing the use of our site:
- HubSpot. We use HubSpot tracking code (pixel) to collect personal data on visitors and their actions on our website which helps us to automate processes of managing customer relations. For more information on the privacy practices of Hubspot, please visit https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
- Cloudflare. We use Cloudflare to process website traffic for the improvement and security of our website. For more information on the privacy practices of Cloudflare, please visit https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
- CookieHub. We use CookieHub for cookie consent management optimization which helps us deliver a better user experience. For more information on the privacy practices of CookieHub, please visit https://www.cookiehub.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Gravity Forms. We use Gravity Forms for building custom forms to connect with visitors of our site. For more information on the privacy practices of Gravity Forms, please visit https://www.gravityforms.com/privacy/
- ClickUp. We use embed ClickUp Form to receive detailed biospecimen requests via our site. For more information on the privacy practices of ClickUp, please visit https://clickup.com/privacy
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Audubon Bioscience Co. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
We will do our best to protect your personal data. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Legal basis for data processing
Besides that sometimes our legitimate interests may serve as a legal basis for processing of your data for the purposes indicated below, provided that the interests or the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not overriding.
Our legitimate interests among others may include:
- Audits, thematic controls;
- The provision of information, infrastructure, person and network security such as investigation of security threats or incidents, service user security measures;
- Organizational management, such as strategic planning, etc;
- Planning and development of services and products, such as product/service trend analysis;
- Creation and use of data backup in order to reduce business risks and to comply with the obligation to ensure data integrity under the principles of personal data processing;
- Communication, marketing and public relations, such as organization of events and conferences;
- Statistics and research.
You may request to access, update, correct, change, or delete your personal data at any time. We will use reasonable efforts to timely update and/or remove your personal data.
In some cases, you may object to the processing of your personal data. The right to object applies when data is processed based on our legitimate interests.
There are situations when you have a right to request that specific processing of personal data is restricted. This means that the data is marked so that it may only be processed for certain purposes or not processed in other ways at all. When the restriction period expires, you will be informed about it before the restriction of processing is lifted.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before making any requested access or change.
To exercise your rights, to ask questions or to raise concerns regarding data protection and privacy, send an email to email@example.com.
If you have signed up to our marketing e-mails, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the unsubscribe instructions indicated in the communication you receive. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you and receive a free copy of the data we process about you. Any additional access request will be subject to a fee of USD 10,00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How long we keep your Personal Information
The personal information you provide to us is only kept for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account our need to resolve customer service issues, comply with legal requirements and provide new or improved products and services to users. This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you have stopped using our website. After this period, your personal information will be deleted without notice.
Right to submit claims to the supervisory authority
If you think your privacy rights have been breached, you may lodge a complaint with an authority of the EU country of your habitual residence. Contact information for these authorities can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
Last modified on: September 26, 2022.