Administrative Assistant (with Accounting Background)
based in Houston, USA
The goal for this role is to perform complex clerical and bookkeeping assignments, and prepare accounting statements and financial reports.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Performs related office-manager duties: printing and scanning agreements, marking labels for shipments, etc.
- Provides grammar proofreading and editing of documents.
- Prepares financial reports and various accounting statements.
- Posts journal entries to general ledger.
- Generates summary sheets to be used by supervisor or auditor.
- Processes payroll and prepares necessary payroll reports.
- Allocates expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
- Accounting university degree or equivalent required.
- 2+ years experience in Quickbooks online.
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software.
The company offers:
- Full-time position in a fast growing business of biotechnology
- Excellent professional and career opportunities
- Open-minded executive management
- Friendly and supportive team
- Intellectually stimulating training from the best providers in the biobanking field
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Vacation – 15 working days
- 401K plan
Qualified candidates interested in this position should send their resume via email to Natalia Sobetska-Koloda, HR Generalist ([email protected])